Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Questions?

So this is... umm... the fifth blog I have had in my lifetime. I've tried out the range, from blogpod to xanga to livejournal to tumblr (if you can't tell, I like to blog. It's a weakness).

What I'm REALLY trying to get to is the fact that I'm a different person than I was ten years ago, five years ago, one year ago, even six months ago. Yet I'm still... essentially... me. So I hope to begin documenting the things in my life that are reshaping and recreating who I am. And, of course, that's the baseline: the quest to discover who I am. I want to collect all the little bits and pieces that make me uniquely me. And maybe, through doing this, I'll be more confident in what I plan to do with my life: developing college students. Because, heck, if my advisors and mentors weren't in the positions they're in now and fairly confident in their lives and abilities, then there is no possible way that I would be where I am now. So I want to be able to do that for my future students and mentees and friends.

I think. I hope. Welp, we all have to start somewhere.

On the verge of a lot of change, I'm scared of what's next. Well, apprehensive. But if I'm gonna do this whole grown-up thing, I'm just going to have to FACE those fears... and make sure they don't become realities. Confidence, woman. Confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment