Monday, November 24, 2014

all's quiet on the Western front

The soft sounds of Pandora (Katy Perry radio; you're welcome).

The autumn wind gusting outside my windows.

The soft hum of my office heater.

The click-clack of my keyboard keys as I type.

The quiet murmur of the facilities workers performing maintenance.


These are the sounds I hear this morning, in this restful quiet. The students of IU are officially on Thanksgiving Break, and I'm in the office, ready to be productive and really barrel through my to-do list, uninterrupted. But before I start off into my Csziksentmihalyi "flow" time, I wanted to take a moment to be thankful for the quiet. My little introvert heart rarely gets this time to rest, focus, and refocus, and I intend to wring greatness out of every moment of today. It is the week of Thanksgiving, after all, and I'm trying to take time to be thankful in the midst of all circumstances.



Ahhhhhhhhhh. The quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment