Friday, June 16, 2017

30 Before 30: Update Number One

Last year, right after my 28th birthday, I published a 30 Before 30 List, in preparation of celebrating my 30th birthday in 2018. We're 19 days shy of my 29th birthday, and I've already crossed a few items off my list (or will soon), so I wanted to share a status update!

Cassidy's Thirty Before 30 (Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving) List:

TRAVEL
1. Travel to London - In 17 days, I'll be getting on a plane for Europe! After a year of saving money, I'm taking a 9-day trip to Dublin AND London... all by myself. (Well, mostly by myself - in Dublin I'll be traveling alone; in London I'm staying with my cousin and her family, which will be a FABULOUS and long-needed visit.) I'll spend 3 nights in Dublin, and 5 in London, and I cannot WAIT for this trip. Look for a more detailed recap of my trip when I return... it'll be chock-full of awesomeness and history and sightseeing and FOOD, glorious food.

4. Take an off-the-grid (NO EMAIL) vacation - Knowing how expensive data is in Europe, and how much I don't want to rely on wifi, I'm planning to take my no-email vacation simultaneously with my Europe trip. I'm out for a long time - 9 days - but I truly want to enjoy this time abroad, and I trust my co-workers and students implicitly to handle things while I'm gone :)

EXPERIENCES
8. Backpack on the Appalachian Trail - Although it won't be backpacking in the strictest sense - I am NOT a camping person (bugs.) - next weekend, my mom and I are taking a girls' trip to Bland, Virginia to spend the WHOLE weekend hiking the AT! We'll do day hikes throughout the weekend, seeing as much of the trail as we can. I can't wait for bonding time AND outdoors time.

WELLNESS
12. Run a half-marathon - Done. And. Done. As of March 25, I completed my first half marathon. It was both fun and grueling, and just addicting enough for me to have signed up for a second half in November. That's right - I'll be doing a SECOND half before my 30th birthday, that I'll begin training for in just a couple weeks. Apparently I'm crazy. It's fine.

16. Schedule regular doctor/dentist check-ups - Doctor's appointment - check. Dentist... still needs to happen. (I KNOW. I KNOW.) I'm also planning on adding counseling to this list - I need to take care of my mental and emotional wellness just as much as my physical, and this summer would be a good time to do some check-ins with a counselor. Look for further updates on this one later!



I still have quite a few items to accomplish on this list, but thankfully, I have more than a year to check some things off. Look for further updates later on this fall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment